Monday, March 19, 2018

Sanding Creative Paperclay®

Hello and welcome to another blog post. Today I want to share with you the tools I use to sand Creative Paperclay®. They range from traditional sandpaper to manicure and pedicure tools! I have put together a list below (with links) of tools I use for sanding Creative Paperclay®.





1) Traditional sandpapers.

Sandpapers with grit 100-180 are great for small imperfections in your sculptures. I would rub gently though as you do not want to do more bad than good!

For smooth surfaces a superfine grit sandpaper is the best choice. 180 to 320 grit sandpapers are perfect. Remember, the higher the number, the finer the grit. A variety pack is a good to have in your studio.

2) Drywall sanding sponge.

I use this for large rough areas that I did not smooth properly in my sculpting process. These are made for drywall and thus are not too harsh on the surface of your  sculpture. It can be purchased on Amazon or your local hardware store.

3) Sanding sticks and sponges.
These come in a range of sizes and grits. They are perfect for smoothing rounded corners and edges and getting into those hard to reach areas. I use Dura Sand Sanding Twigs and Loew Cornell Sanding Sticks.


4) Manicure and Pedicure tools.

Nail files are great for sanding Creative Paperclay®. A pedicure foot file can be used too but I would only use the smoother side.

Watch this short video below as I go through the various sanding tools.



You can find Creative Paperclay® online at Creative Paperclay Co and also at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Dickblick and Amazon. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzette

No comments: