Friday, September 15, 2017

Halloween Picture Frame

ImagiMeri's Creations
presents:
A Halloween Picture Frame

Hello Lovely People,
I'm late with my post as I lost my computer last week and all my images.  I had to re-do my project and then silly me, I forgot to post it.

To those on the team posting for Friday the 15th, I apologize for adding my post in at the last minute.

This month I'm creating a cool stamped/indented decorated dollar store frame.  Supplies used are:

Dollar store frame
Creative PaperClay
Knives
Roller
Stamps
Black, gray and off-white acrylic paint
Metallic paste/paint in violet and yellow/green
Hot glue
Sandpaper

Here are the basic supplies I used and they are listed above, too
First I painted the dollar store frame black, set it aside to dry
and continued on to the clay.
I rolled out my clay to an 1/8th of an inch, as this is my
preferred thickness for crafting.
I proceeded to stamp various images in the clay
Using a knife I cut around each shape, leaving about an
1/8th of an inch border.
More stamping
I then placed the pieces I cut out on a tray and baked them
in a 250 degree oven, turning them over once, during the
45 minute bake time.
I then "trimmed" off all rough edges using an X-acto knife.
Using a small square of sandpaper I sanded around all the
edges of each piece for a cleaner look.
I found a placement for the pieces that I liked.
I then "hot-glued" all the pieces down onto the frame.
Using gray acrylic paint I created a wash by adding
water to the paint.  I then coated all the pieces in
the gray wash.
Using "off-white" acrylic paint, I created another
wash by adding water.  I then went over the pieces
again after doing the gray.
Using the black acrylic paint I created
yet another wash by adding water.  This
created contrast so that the details of the
stamping could be seen.
I then added the violet and yellow/green metallic
paste/paints for highlights.
I inserted a picture of my grandson and voila
it's a really cool picture frame for Halloween.
I hope you enjoy this tutorial and I look forward to hearing from you if you try this.

Hugs,
Meri