Monday, September 11, 2017

Elephant Wonder Tag Featuring Creative Paperclay®

Hi Friends:  Did you know that you can make your own Creative Paperclay® molds from favorite objects that you have around the house?  It's really easy with a product called ImPRESSive Re-Usable Putty.  The Creative Paperclay® design team was given the opportunity to try using this reusable putty with our paperclay.  It was great!  I chose to create a mold of a favorite elephant pin that belonged to my mom.  I followed the directions on the package to prepare the putty, then pressed the elephant pin into the clay, let it harden using the package directions, then removed the pin.  I created this great elephant mold that I can use any time I want.  And, if I decide that I want to make a mold of something else, all I have to do is reuse the putty with another charm/item that I choose.

Once your mold is ready, you can use Creative Paperclay® to make a clay embellishment to use on your projects.  Here's a project that uses my elephant mold with other Wilton molds to make this fun tag:


Here are some detail photos of the cast elephant and flowers, along with the sentiments that I used:


Here's the original pin and the mold that I created:


Directions: Please see my video tutorial for full instructions for how I created the mold and the tag.  I do have to confess that, in the middle of filming the tag project, I spilled a large amount of ink on my craft table.  So the final background colors changed a bit during the filming. LOL.  But, I decided to make the best of the happy (?) accident and just go with the change in the colors.



Supply List:
Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays (Amazon):  Brushed Nickel, Opal Sea Oats, Afternoon Delight Denim
Liquitex Matte Super Heavy Gel Medium (Amazon) Liquitex Professional Clear Gesso (Amazon)
Prima Marketing Art Alchemy-Antique Brilliance Amethyst Magic (Amazon)
Prima Marketing Art Alchemy-Antique Brilliance Lucky Emerald (Amazon)
Prima Marketing Art Alchemy-Antique Brilliance Mystic Turquoise (Amazon)
Prima Marketing Art Alchemy-Metallique Wax-Rich Copper (Amazon)
Prima Marketing Art Alchemy-Opal Magic Wax-Turquoise Satin (Amazon)
Ranger Adirondack Metallics Acrylic Paint Dabbers, Silver (Amazon)
Tim Holtz Small Talk Stickers (Amazon)
Studio 71 Black Gesso (JoAnn)
Wilton Doilies
Basic Grey Out of Print 6X6 paper pad
Other:  cheesecloth, fibers

I hope you enjoyed my project and learned how to use homemade molds in your projects. Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today. Have a great, creative day! -Patti