Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Fortune Cookies in Clay

I wanted to make fortune cookie place holders for a New Years dinner party but this would work all year round.  I had fun making the faux cookies and writing the fortunes. For the fortunes I just typed them out on my computer then printed and cut them.

SUPPLIES
Creative Paperclay®
Texture Plate
Brayer
Wax Paper
Fortunes
Acrylic paint
I started by rolling out a ball of the clay between two sheets of wax paper using my hands first to squish it down then the brayer.



Next I laid a texture plate over it and brayered it to add texturev






















I cut the circle shape with the lid from one of my art products. Using wet fingers, I smoothed out the edges.




















I folded it over then grabbed two ends to fold in to make the cookie shape. When it dried, I painted it and added the fortune. It was fun and the dinner guests loved it.

Dream in Color

Darlene Olivia McElroy

No comments: