Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Aged Creative Paperclay® and Found Objects


As a mixed media artist, I love combing found objects, paint, collage and Creative Paperclay® to tell a visual story.


SUPPLIES

Creative Paperclay®
Acrylic paint
Salt
Stamps
Water
Art Surface
 I start by applying Creative Paperclay® to my art surface using a brayer to have a flat border. I prefer to work on cradled wood panels. The paper clay was stamped, sanded with SandIts then cut out the shape of this beautiful escutcheon at the Flea market.



















When the clay was dry, I coated it first with polymer medium. When that dried I painted a base coat of Red Oxide acrylic paint.
I then coated it with Irridescent Bronze acrylic paint.
Next, I added washes of Micaceous Oxide and Red Oxide acrylic paint. Salting each layer and letting dry before repeating with another color. Yes, good old table salt. The salt will stick to the paint and give the surface a gritting, old look.

Dream in Color!

Darlene Olivia McElroy








No comments: