Thursday, May 12, 2016

Treasure Hunting with Delight

 I have a lot of found vintage pieces in my studio that usually find their way into a painting but, often, they make great casts. When I buy them at flea markets, junk stores or garage sales I try and think of all the ways I can use them. Here are some examples I made from things I had lying around. I have not gotten around to cleaning up the edges yet.

SUPPLIES
Found metal objects
Delight or Creative Paperclay®













So easy. Delight was pressed into vintage religious metal ornamentation. Because the metal pieces may end of in a painting, I will often make a silicone cast of it for the future.





 I love this vintage pin. The wings are so beautiful and were easy to cast. If I had wanted to use the whole pin, I would have made a silicone cast of it.


 A metal charm also makes a great cast.
Anything with wings
Metal frame cast will definitely go into a painting today!

Open your eyes to the possibilities around you!

Dream in Color!

Darlene Olivia McElroy


1 comment:

SandeeNC said...

I love making casts! Lovely pieces you have collected!