Thursday, December 25, 2014

My Rusted Heart

I believe that giving someone a gift of your heart should reflect who you are. I am a rusty ole broad who has the eternal hope of spring and if you have the right key you can have my heart.

 I come from a fine art rather than a craft background so I approach art differently. I am shooting a video for a class with Artful Gathering later in the year on molds, casting and armatures so this is a sample of one of my project ideas.


SUPPLIES
Paper Maché Mold
Creative Paperclay®
Burnt Umber Acrylic Paint
Tumeric (yes, the spice)
Gold Rub
Lock
Twigs
Stamp

The start was this simple paper maché heart from a craft store.




I covered it with Creative Paperclay® and embossed it with some vintage wallpaper. Then I painted it burnt umber and sprinkled Tumeric on it while it was still wet for a faux rust look. I then added a little gold rub, a keyhole and some twigs from my yard.

What would your heart look like?

Darlene Olivia McElroy

No comments: