Sunday, November 30, 2014

Do You Want To Build A Snowman....?

Hi everyone!

It's Donna from Memes Art Place.  Thanks for joining me today!

Do you want to build a snowman?

                                         

That's is what I am sharing with you today!

Let's get started.............

 Start with some Styrofoam shapes to make your snowman. You could also use tin foil.




I use a dowel to stick into the Styrofoam and into the wood. So drill a hole into your base and stick the dowel into the base adding some glue to the hole.


Roll out your Creative Paperclay® and wrap around your Styrofoam.
Smooth out your Creative Paperclay® with plenty of water.


Form your nose and add a toothpick and insert onto the face of the snowman.
 I use these bendy strips for the arms.
 Form you arms and attach to the snowman.
 Let dry. I let this dry for a couple days.
 Then sand.
I put a coat of Gesso on before I start to paint. Let dry and then paint your snowman as you like.
I use acrylic paints and a vanish when paints are dry.

I decided the snowman needed a wool scarf. I look for old wool sweaters at thrift stores and bring them home and wash them in hot water and dry them. I can then cut them without them unraveling.

 I think he turned out pretty cute!
 He would make a GREAT gift...or would be great for your holiday display!

He was easy to make and you will have fun playing with the Creative Paperclay®!

Thanks for joining me today and I hope you will be back soon to see what the rest of the team has for you!


No comments: