Thursday, September 11, 2014

Creative Paperclay® Masquerade

I have been invited to show my art in an invitational show, Masquerade, and decided to add a Creative Paperclay® mask and cast butterflies to my painting. I marked on my art where I wanted the mask to go with a water soluble crayon. See the light white line on the left. Then I started adding the clay.

Creative Paperclay®
Paint or metallic rub
Silicone Mold
Small Round Objects
Supplies:
Silver & Gold Rub

BTW - The name of the piece is Fly Bye and is a 12" x 36" mixed media on panel.
I completed my design and added small round objects. I thought they might pop off but they are well stuck into the clay. Then I let the clay dry.

I tend to work in very thin layers so this is a comfortable way for me to add texture and dimension to a piece. Plus it is always fun to mold something from scratch.

Once it was dry, I painted the piece then added both gold and silver rub.

Hope this added more ideas to try on your art.

— Darlene Olivia McElroy


2 comments:

Proxxon Tools said...

I really like this

Tori West said...

That is beautiful, and inspiring!