Saturday, August 16, 2014

Creative Paperclay Play Day!

Hi!

It's Donna from Memes Art Place!

I am glad you have come to visit!

I went to Minnesota to visit my g-kids and we decided to have a Creative Paperclay play day!  My 12 year old g-daughter and I sat down for some Creative Paperclay fun!

I asked her what she wanted to make and she decided we should make some elephants!

So let's get started!

We started by covering a Styrofoam ball with Creative Paperclay.

Next we made little cubes for legs.

We then added the little cubes to the body.
We rolled out a couple of the cubes into a trunk and attached the trunk to the elephants face.

We were rolling right along at this point we forgot to take a picture of the trunks and big elephant ears.


This is the stage we left them at to dry in Minnesota. We were going to finish them here in Colorado, but........................I thought she grabbed them and she thought I grabbed them and so they sit in Minnesota waiting for some finishing details and paint.

Here are a few of the other things we made that day.


I am so glad you stopped by today and hope you will continue to follow along with all of the DT. We always have some fun and unique ideas on the blog.

If you would like to see what I have been up to, you can always stop by my blog.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Elephants are my favorite. I can't wait to try this! Looking forward to seeing the finished project!

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

The elephants are sooo cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I if I was planning ahead it would have been so nice to have met you at the AQS Show in Charlotte. It was a nice show!

mamablitger said...

Oh dear... Lucky you to have playtime with your GC.. And what a gorgeous result !! Just adore your elephants so far. Really looking forward to seeing the finished result. Remember to share that as well.,.. Please !!??
Thank you for sharing these cute ones !!!
Sending hugs from SPAIN