Saturday, April 13, 2013

Brenda's April Quick Tip

Hi, Brenda here from Creativity is a State of Mind...did you know that you can bake your paperclay project?  I had to get 22 of those dart pins done last month in a matter of a couple of days.  I cut my paperclay "ribbons" out and then laid them on some tin foil on a baking sheet.  I put them in my oven at 325 for about 3 minutes and flipped them over and baked them for another 3 minutes.  I guess you would have to play with the projects you have because depending on the thickness of the clay or project it could take longer or shorter.  Then I laid them on some newspaper to get any leftover moisture out and within 20 minutes I was able to start painting them.  This was I didn't have to wait 24 hours or so.  Hope you find this quick tip useful.  Until next time, have a great day and God Bless.

No comments: