Thursday, June 7, 2012

Shhh!! Don't wake the Dragon!


Shhh!!! Don't Wake the Dragon!
He is a dragon - his name shall be Hercules.

Hercules is a baby dragon.... This little fellow doesn't sleep with his eyes open yet as the experience of having his treasures stolen hasn't come into question. The key is for some other treasure chest I have no idea where and he has kept his favorites near him.

Here are some close ups....


If you play CastleVille on facebook this little fellow maybe a little similar.... CastleVille has baby Dragons!!! And that is what I modeled him off. ;)


I think he may have a bit of a cheeky look to him.... Maybe he is not sleeping at all and is just tricking us!








I actually use him as a pen holder.....

So you want to know how to make this cute little creature?
Ok I'll show you.....














Here is a two part video Part one is how to mold him out of Creative Paperclay® and the 2nd is how to paint him up with Terri Sproul Mixers.







The final tips I didn't put on the video...
(just so our fave readers here at the blog can have some special info)

After the video was made I painted an additional layer of watery Acrylic paint (olive green)
Then put over top a layer of Terri Sproul Mixer - Bronze only. 
Drying in-between all layers.
This added depth in the finish of the final product.

Thanks so much for watching
May your dragon forever sleep (and look cute!)

Debbie Buckland
artycrafty.wordpress.com

4 comments:

Lyneen said...

Hercules is beautiful... once I watched the video you could tell how small he actually was, thanks for sharing... PS. I love that you made him functional for the desk!

bjw_draw said...

I love this!!!

Cindy said...

You did a great job on your little dragon Debra! He's just so cute!

Debbie Buckland said...

Thank you so much