Saturday, June 23, 2012

Creative Paperclay Fossils

I have been playing with Creative PaperClay for years. This month I had some of the mixture that I previously made into molding paste left over that I didn't want to go to waste. While thinking about how I could use it, I remembered something I made with my son years ago for a project.... FOSSILS!

After choosing which molds I wanted to use, I cut the tip off of the baggie that contained the watered down clay and squirted the mixture into molds. I let the clay dry for 2 days.

The top part of the clay dried but it was still very wet underneath so I gently pushed down the dry part and smeared (for lack of better word) the clay that came up through the cracks. Finally, by day 4 it was just where I wanted it to be. I pulled the pieces out and turned them over let the top finish drying overnight and were ready to be worked with.

When I did the project with my son, we got real sand and glued it on foamboard to make a realistic scene. I am using masking tape and some colored chalk on paper to give you idea and show what it looks like and what you can do.

The number of child projects you can use this for with are endless. You can coat these with 3D Crystal Lacquer and put them in one of those chalk balls you can make for your child to open up or you can hide them in your yard or the sand box for the little ones to find!!!!










No comments: